KCC Impact Kids

KCC Impact Kids

Friday, May 1, 2015

Our Journey in Courage

This week in Impact Kids we will be talking about COURAGE! 

It takes courage to do the right thing!
We must all learn the difference between right and wrong. Some of us are still learning.                   For most of us, it will be a lifelong journey of asking the Holy Spirit to help us have a heart of discernment. 

The wonderful thing is that God never asked us to be perfect. Only Jesus, His Son, was perfect. But He did tell us to strive to obey His commandments out of a heart of love and to strive to be more and more like Jesus every day. 

"Be strong in the Lord and in his great power. Wear the full armor of God. Wear God's armor so that you can fight against the devil's evil tricks." Ephesians 6:10-11

Despite our best efforts to nurture courage in our children, only God can bring about lasting change in a child's heart. Before you begin leading your child through this devotion on courage, spend time alone with God interceding for His help. Ask Him to help YOU grow in courage, and to release His power in you and your child. 

Here's a sample prayer that may help: 

Lord, in the battles of daily life, may my children see in me an unwavering faith and confidence in You. I ask that they wouldn't see me relying on my own strength, but Yours. When I am weak may my cry be, "O my Strength, I sing praise to You; You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God." Psalm 59:17. Please help our family to remember that we CAN be strong and courageous, and know that You are with us to help us fight our battles. When You call us to do something that requires courage, we ask that Your Spirit fill us with an unwavering faith in who You are and what You can do, so we can do it confidently. In Jesus' name, Amen

Heart search:
Acknowledge when, where, and why you lack courage. 
Psalm 49:12-13 / Psalm 78:19-22 / Proverbs 28:26 / Isaiah 31:1 / Jeremiah 17:5-6

Gratitude:
Verbalize and thank God for ways you have seen courage demonstrated in your family. 

Prayer:
Dear God, I know that You will help me to be strong and courageous, even when I'm scared. Thank you that You promise to go before me and always be with me and that You will never leave me or forsake me. It's hard to be brave. When I am afraid, please help me to put my trust in You, instead of myself. Please help our family to live courageously for You. In Jesus' name, Amen

Scripture Lookup: 
Psalm 86:2 / Psalms 143:8 / Isaiah 26:3-4 / I Corinthians 16:13-14 / 2 Thessalonians 3:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment